Thursday, August 12, 2010

Vegas Baby! with or without the baby?

I was asked by a good girlfriend Ashley to be one of her bridesmaids at her Vegas wedding in September. I’m so excited to be a part of her wedding. It’s going to be so so fun. It’s just funny though, how once you become a Mommy you think of completely different things. My first thought was yayyy I get to buy a new dress!! Then quickly second thoughts and more prominent ones were how can I go to Vegas without my little guy, but then how can I manage to bring him; on and on thoughts of my new baby ran through my head?

I was pregnant when Ashley first started talking about a Vegas wedding and I said out loud “oh that can be our first trip away from the baby”. I would just pre-book Glam ma; easy right! Then little mister arrived and being separated from him seemed like that was the last thing I could or would ever do.

Not only would I probably be a wreck leaving him on the other side of the country while I party it up with fabulous friends…I wondered would I even be able to party it up? Or would I be calling every 30minutes to check on him?

Then there was the fear of beginning World War III with who gets to watch him and honestly there are only a select few that I would leave him with for a whole weekend! Those people will remain anonymous in this blog and blogs hereafter to keep the peace.

The most interesting part I have found about having a baby and joining families is the amount of “love” all the families give. So much “love” in fact there are not only conditions put on this “love” there is always someone there to tell you how you did it wrong or what they did that worked better. I’ve even had some of our family promise that they will let my child do something that is against my rules, feed him stuff he should have and I sit there and think “sure our child can come over without my supervision. You want to watch him for the weekend?? Sure!!! NOT!! I just don’t understand the people that tell me these things.

So back to whom we should leave our son with when we go to Vegas or should we just take him with us?! Does all this make me an overprotective, control freak parent?

BTW: I'D LIKE TO TAKE A SECOND TO CONGRATULATE ASHLEY BRYANS AND EDDIE WALKER!!! ;) LOVE YOU BOTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment